Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tweeting or chattering


My last post was more of my experiences with Twitter; I feel I have not written any thing reflective about "Twitter" as a tool for the dissemination of information or its effective use in the library environment. Finding Twitter difficult I have refrained until I had a clearer vision.

I think perhaps it is better used in a highly the mobile environment with a wireless phone or IPod or such like. In the fast moving environment of market information, legal judgments or latest test results from experiment where speed, accuracy and instaneous communication are of importance Twittter may be invaluable. However this seems lost to most of us.

It is regret I that it hard to see how Twitter can be an effective tool. Twitter seems to be an electronic form of chatter and as such I find it contains little information of importance, value or quality but plenty of quantity. As chatterer myself, I realise now that I should be more circumspect in my conversations and perhaps least said is better and what is said will have more impact. Ideally Twitter should be my ideal tool but it irritating and inane. Sorry!

0 comments:

 

Martha Braithwaite Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template